Ready to roll?
If you still have questions, please contact us.
LINK to RIDE WAIVER
There is no change to the ability for a rider to use a one-time ride waiver.
Adults cannot participate with students unless they are Level 1 compliant Georgia Cycling coaches.
LCMTB is currently comprised of the following:
- Local Youth 6-12th Grades
- Lumpkin County Middle and High Schoolers
“All coaches receive a yearly background check, and Georgia Cycling Association requires training in concussion awareness, risk management, first-aid, CPR, and coaching bike skills.”
We are here to have fun, ride, race and include value for everyone. The team philosophy is fun first, with our central goal of student-athletes developing a strong mind, body, and character through mountain biking. There are no tryouts; everyone rides during practice regardless of ability and or skill level. Racing is optional and not required to join the team.
If you need equipment or a bike, please let us know immediately. The league has a loaner bike program for those that qualify, and the team has been able to offer scholarships locally to several families to help with registration and race fees. We want to get as many student-athletes as possible on bikes, so please feel free to ask.
All team members are required to:
- Pay and Register with the Georgia Cycling Association “The Hub”
- Submit all sign-up forms signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Medical Release
- Code of conduct
- Liability waiver
- Team Snap (Invites and codes will be sent to each participant and parent(s). We use this for team communication)
- It is also highly recommended that all student-athletes have a physical before the first practice.
Equipment Requirements & Recommendation
- Certified bicycle helmet (Skateboard style and full-face helmets are not allowed)
- A Mountain bike in serviceable condition that can handle the rigors of riding two to three times a week
- Bike tires must have knobby tires, no slick or street tires
- Front and rear brakes
- At least a 9-speed geared bike
- Cycling gloves
- Eye protection
- Closed toe shoes
- Spare tube/s carried on the bike or in a pack for every practice
- Multi-Purpose Bike Tool
- Tire Pump
- Water, either in a cycling bottle or worn in a CamelBak style pack
- Cycling Shorts (of any style) or Chamois Liner
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Spare Tire Tube
Georgia Cycling Association Registration + Race Registration
All student-athletes participating with the Georgia Cycling Association must register with their team league to participate, attend practice, and ride
Register here annually: Georgia Cycling Association.
The League Fee is $205 per Ride
RACE Registration Fees (5 Race Series)
Student-athletes who RACE in 2023/24 are required to pay Racing Registration
$180 6th-8th Grade
$220 Highschool 9th-12th
Discounts are available for early registration.